Saturday, October 1, 2011

mmm... fall.

I'm not sure about where you are, but in South Carolina it's dang-ole-HOT until about October. This week has totally taken that to a new level.
yesterday = September = high of 84 degrees
today = October = high of 65 degrees (holla!)
We took advantage of this ah-mah-zing weather and headed to a pumpkin festival at our local farm (and CSA provider!). Noah met some cows...
we took a hay ride
picked a few pumpkins
checked out some pony rides (just watched!)
and totally crashed a half mile down the road.
In other news, it's been about a month since my last blog entry. No good reason, just attempting to spend a little less time online and a little more time doing the following:
making akward faces all. the. time.
... especially while re-fashioning some clothes that have been in my closet for YEARS without wear.
finishing my KKG t-shirt quilt (yup, that's all the preview you get.)
It is currently at the quilters, totally quilted and ready for pick-up and binding!
snuggling with this cute kid who just recently decided that cuddling with mom isn't the worst thing ever
and all-around enjoying his whacky antics (yeah, this is how he came out of his room that morning. What a weirdy).

Oh, and running. Yeah, THAT'S still going on. I have my second 5k one week from today. I wouldn't say I'm "enjoying" it, but I do like the chit-chat time that comes with running and I'm not missing the 17 pounds that running scared away OR the new jeans it brought with it!

I'm hoping I'll have a finished t-shirt quilt to show you soon along with some appliqued fall clothing and possibly some step-by-step pics of a shirt re-fashioning? (aw shucks- I've had 2 people request that already!)

1 comment:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I know what you mean with the wacky weather, Wednesday we were car shopping in 94° heat and this morning woke up and it was only 62° in the house.......brrr but loving it!!!! I hope it stays!