the good,
(for me anyway)
(I didn't quilt low enough on the top row so there was random big puffy areas- therefore I did a tiny loop-de-loop across the seam)

.... and the GOOD LORD THAT'S UGLY!
.... and the GOOD LORD THAT'S UGLY!
This free-motion junk has a definite learning curve!
Quilters: What do you do when you have to let off the petal to reposition- how do you avoid the jerky, sharp motions that ruin your nice curves?


4 comments:
Your stitches look so even. I'm new at it too. I think it must just take practice. I find myself in a nice groove then as soon as I have to stop to remove a pin or readjust the quilt I loose my groove.
Great job!! Okay, in response to your question...NEEDLE DOWN! Always stop with your needle down...either use the needle down feature if your machine has it, or use the half-step on your foot pedal (I press on the back of my pedal with my heel to put the needle down). Or just use the hand wheel to put the needle down. That will prevent the jerky, pointy parts that are clear indicators of starting/stopping. :) I could go on and on and on. Free-motion is so fun, but definitely lots of hard work. ba
Wow! Totally cute!
Laura: my machine DOES stop needle-down. I think re-starting is my problem. The jerkiness comes in when I get it moving again!
Post a Comment