Am I the only one who can't hear the name Gracie without thinking of Ben Fold's Gracie?
Dang I love Ben Folds.
Some friends of ours just finished a 5-year adoption process for their baby girl, Gracie. They came home with her just before Christmas and I could not be happier for them!
Gracie's dad contacted me back in November when they found out that Gracie was in fact their daughter and that they would be travelling to China the next month. He wanted to have a quilt made for his wife as a special baby gift. In talking with some of the other girls in our Adult Bible Fellowship (fancy name for Sunday School group- who, by the way, meet every other week for "sewing club"- don't be jealous of how cool our club name is!), we decided it would be so special if we could all work together on it.
2 charm packs, some yardage and 2 "sewing parties" later, we had this quilt ready for her:
Dang I love Ben Folds.
Some friends of ours just finished a 5-year adoption process for their baby girl, Gracie. They came home with her just before Christmas and I could not be happier for them!
Gracie's dad contacted me back in November when they found out that Gracie was in fact their daughter and that they would be travelling to China the next month. He wanted to have a quilt made for his wife as a special baby gift. In talking with some of the other girls in our Adult Bible Fellowship (fancy name for Sunday School group- who, by the way, meet every other week for "sewing club"- don't be jealous of how cool our club name is!), we decided it would be so special if we could all work together on it.
2 charm packs, some yardage and 2 "sewing parties" later, we had this quilt ready for her:
The names of all the women who worked on the quilt are on that half-square triangle block on the back along with a short message and 1 Samuel 1:27.
We gave them the quilt at a lunch/shower for them yesterday.
I think it's safe to say she loved it.



2 comments:
Yes, I used to listen to that song non-stop when I was pregnant once we knew Lizzy's middle name would be Grace :)
And those photos totally made me tear up!
Tears!
Post a Comment