Tuesday, August 16, 2011

4 things... a non-update, if you will.

  1. I've been running (3x week) and going to Zumba (1-2x week) for about 8 weeks now and tracking what I eat on myfitnesspal.com. I'm not losing weight super fast (12 lbs so far), but I'm doing things that I *know* are healthier for my body and that makes me feel awesome! My first 5k is on October 8th and I'm really excited!
  2. This guy starts "school" back tomorrow (he attends a Parents' Morning Out playschool). I can't explain to you in written form exactly how excited I am.
  3. Aah, the t-shirt quilt- project 4 years in the making. Way back before I even had a sewing machine, I had all of these great intentions of making one- how hard could it be? Cut squares, sew them back together. Now that I'm a bit more versed in quilt making, I understand what an undertaking this is- an expensive one! I plan to take on a few of these for some sorority sisters and I have already bought 2 bolts of FusiKnit which put a nice dent in my wallet. So far I'm loving it and I had so many fun memories come back to me while cutting these- college was so fun! Since I took this picture I've started sewing 2" sashing strips to the rows- slowly but surely it's coming along!
  4. Snickers Popcorn. Don't ask questions- just make it.

Then just make sure to keep your almost-2-year-old away from it while it's cooling!

Almost-2-year-old- crazy! Birthday party invites went out yesterday and I can't wait to show y'all pictures of his Seuss party!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That popcorn looks amazing! I have been wanting to make a tshirt quilt for awhile now. Will have to watch your progress! Looks great so far!

Shanea said...

Good for you for taking care of yourself! The popcorn looks so YUMMY!