Thursday, March 24, 2011

V and Co's Abby Tote

I feel like I suck at all this blogging stuff these days. I mean, I'm getting things done, but by the time I actually finish something and have a chance to take a picture, it's night time! Then, the next day, I forget and/or don't have a chance to take pics with daylight! (We won't even talk about the precious shirts I've made Noah with Expressions Vinyl iron-on vinyl- I want to show you but by the time I see him in the afternoon he's a mess and the shirt is so dirty!)

Well, not today! Yesterday I sewed up V and Co's Abby tote! My fabric (Robert Kaufman's Metro Living Rings in Pewter and Anthology Fabrics' Bryant Park Rooftop Garden in Yacht) came in the mail, I threw it in the wash then stayed up sewing til the wee hours of the morning (which seemed like a good idea at the time... but then 6am came early this morning!).
After school today, I actually thought to have Joe take a couple pics of it for me!

I look excited, huh?

As I mentioned before, I am a bit obsessed with the grey-yellow combo, though this is actually the first thing I've made with it! The bag itself was not tough to make- the pattern is very clear and concise. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a quick sew (like I thought it would be!), but it's not difficult! I like that it's reversible, but I don't know how often I will take advantage of that and may add some pockets soon to just make it a huge purse. I did add a 16"x6" fabric-covered cardboard piece in the bottom of the bag, but sewed a casing with the fabric rather than hot gluing it.
To summarize: great pattern, cute bag- remembered to take a pic in daylight. Woot!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the tote (and fabric :))

Dayna said...

This is so cute!