However, I can not sit still, so I got to work piecing a baby quilt top for an old friend (who is having her baby AS I TYPE THIS!). Once it was pieced, I though "why not baste it?" and then once it was basted I thought "might as well quilt it!" and before I knew it, the binding was on it and I was hand-stitching it on the back while watching "Lost" reruns at 1am.
I did eventually go to sleep.
I tried two new things with this quilt- Kona coal for the solid squares and binding (which it seems I am the last to discover, but seriously? It looks GREAT with anything!) and straight line diagonal quilting (which Jessica did on a table runner the other day and, holy crap- it was cute AND fast!). I'll only show a bit of this right now, since it hasn't been gifted yet.
Oh, and that Christmas quilt is finally finished and has been used for ample snuggling in the past week.


1 comment:
Your Chirstmas quilt looks so snuggly!
Post a Comment