Oh man... I just can't help but say stupid things that I think are funny. Sheesh.
So, I think we all know about Ree over at The Pioneer Woman. Some people don't like her, some people adore her- I lean towards the latter. However, she does seem to make me feel inadequate as a housewive. I can't wrangle cows, homeschool kids, cook amazing food and still be skinny and have the time to blog about it- I just can't!
Anyways, today I was making supper for our friends Kimberly and Steve (who just had a precious baby girl- Jillian! Eeeee!)- I remembered how when we had Noah, we had tons upon tons of leftovers, so I decided to make one meal and split it between Kimberly and Steve and Joe and I. I decided to go with Ree's Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Pastor Ryan's Cajun Meatloaf.
My beef with her recipes are that they absolutely DISTROY my kitchen and usually take all frickin' afternoon (although, in the end, it's always worth it).
Unfortunately, Noah woke up 45 minutes into his afternoon nap, so he did this while I cooked (for what turned out to be a total of 1.5 hours):

I made the mashed potatoes first and then set them aside and got a-chopping on the veggies for the meatloaf.
Yes, that is 6 TABLESPOONS of butter in that pan. You only live once, people.

Noah then got antsy and fussy, so I sat him in his high chair and let him eat a teething biscuit until I got the meatloaf in the oven
(which, by the way, ended up being roughly the size of a sheet cake).

... but TAMBA it was good!
Noah agreed. I've honestly never seen him go to town on anything quite like he did that meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
Not one drop on the floor for poor ol' Rufio to lick up.
I guess I know what's for lunch tomorrow.
L-E-F-T-O-V-E-R-S.
(because even after splitting a sheet-cake-sized meatloaf with people, you're gonna have leftovers)


2 comments:
I know, that meatloaf is HUGE! I made it once for the band, and even they couldn't eat it all! I've never made it again because there was just so darn much of it, and I can't figure out how to halve the recipe!
So funny! I made PW's Garlic Cheese Bread and Chicken Parmigiana last night. My husband got home and said, "This really looks like a lot of effort!" It was, but very tasty. :)
P.S. I was looking back through your blog, and I'm kicking myself for not making my son a Peeps shirt! Yours is so cute. I'm going to have to remember that for next year.
(I came from Cluck Cluck Sew.)
Post a Comment